Having an electrician is important. Depending on the type of electrical current and voltage, you could sustain some major injuries if you are the recipient of electric shock or electrocution. The most common are falls, burns, electric shock, and electrocution. These, of course, could have some very permanent or long-term effects including physical disfigurement, psychological effects, and even death. Before you start doing any electrical work around your house, you should ask yourself, “Is the risk worth it?” In case you’re wondering, the answer is, “No.” What may seem like a small electrical problem can have some very major potential dangers. It’s best to leave it to a professional electrical service who has the necessary tools, knowledge, and expertise to get the job done safety and correctly.